Thursday, February 28, 2013

#Pure Michigan...More State Cookie Love!

So, what's the best way for an amateur cookie decorator to get in some more practice?
Keep extra cookies and icing on hand, at ALL times!
Every time I make cookies for a special occasion or an order that comes in, I always take the extra dough and cut out a variety of shapes that I find interesting, fun, or for an upcoming season or holiday...
...then I freeze them!
Yes, you CAN freeze your baked cookies!
I always have royal icing or glaze leftover as well.
So, when I don't have any special occasions or orders to fill, and I get the urge to decorate...
I can just pull my pre-baked cookies out of the freezer and practice away!
I had cut out some of my state (Michigan) cookies last time I baked.
So I thought it would be fun to play around with them.
I did our state's "Pure Michigan" campaign and added the commercial phrase:
"Your trip begins at michigan.org".
And then for fun, I just added "Da Yoopers" to our Upper Peninsula.
They're not perfect, as my icing was a little thin and I struggled a bit with it being runny.
But alas, they were fun.
Have you ever made your state's cookie?
Leave me a comment and tell me where you're from and if you have state cookies, I'd love to see them.
Follow me on Facebook, and post a picture of your creation on my page!
My Facebook link is in the sidebar!
I can't wait to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment