Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Banana Bread/Muffins...

 It's starting to feel like fall outside!
My favorite time of year!
In the fall, I always crave homemade muffins and bread.
I mean, you can eat muffins and bread any 'ol time...but for some reason they taste especially good in the fall and winter with hot coffee.
Today I'm going to share my favorite Banana Bread (muffin) recipe.
I have been using this same recipe for years and cannot for the life of me remember where I got it.  It's always turned out well for me and I love the flavor/texture of it, so it's a winner in my book!
 When I got the recipe it was originally written up for bread.
But today, for the first time, I made it into muffins and they turned out really good!
It's especially yummy, warm, with a little pat of butter!
So, without further ado...here's the recipe!
Banana Bread

2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tblsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana
1 c. chopped nuts

Mix together and bake in a well greased pan at 350 degrees.
For bread...55-65 min.
For muffins...20-30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment