Friday, March 13, 2015

"A Little Lady Is On Her Way..." (Baby Shower Cookies)

 Celebrating a new life!
One of my favorite occasions to bake/decorate for!
These baby shower cookies were done for a neighbor's daughter who recently celebrated her upcoming new little bundle with a baby shower.  The invitations were in an adorable "ladybug" theme.  A simple and fun design...but who would've dreamed how intricate ladybug eyelashes would turn out to be, LOL!  After many attempts with my smallest decorating tip, edible markers, and many more ideas...I finally ended up hand-"painting" them all with a toothpick.
160 ladybug eyelashes hand-painted with a toothpick...that was really something, LOL!
 I included this silhouette for the new mommy-to-be as a bonus...just something special I wanted to do with the extra dough/icing.
Congratulations our your new little bundle momma!
Best wishes from Sweet Ivy Confections!

No comments:

Post a Comment