Monday, October 24, 2011

My Hubby's Birthday Cake! (New Ruffled Technique)

How did I forget to include my hubby's birthday cake in the blog this week?
Shame on me!
I had been wanting to try this new ruffle technique for quite a while, but hadn't yet had the opportunity to bake a cake for any occasion yet.

I had originally seen the tutorial for this technique done in pink...but anyone who knows my hubby knows he's a big burly teddy bear of a guy, so pastels would never float, LOL!
And he is an "all chocolate" kinda guy...so I figured that would "man it up" a little bit, teehee!
I was a little intimidated to try it...but I watched the video over and over and just went with it.
Honestly, it wasn't that hard at all!
I'm sure mine isn't perfect, but I was pretty darn impressed with how it turned out for the first attempt!
The top is a little plain/simple.
I debated on putting maybe some chocolate roses...
But my hubby isn't a roses kinda guy, LOL!
He's pretty basic..."Just make it taste good.  I don't need fancy", he always tells me.
Haha.
I had a lot of fun with this technique and can't wait to try it again in different colors.
I think even a multi-color ruffle would be pretty!
Ooooh...my creative wheels are spinnin' now!
LOL!
I did a yellow butter cake, filled with vanilla pudding filling, and this is a chocolate buttercream icing.
Happy Birthday Hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment