Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Last Of Halloween 2011...And A New Beginning For Me!

These ghost cookies turned out to be, probably some of the best cookies I've made since I started cake and cookie decorating.
But they represent much more than that.

I volunteered to make these cookies for my youngest son's Halloween party.
Little did I realize what they would do for me!
I had fun making them, and that was really all it started out to be.
I was pleased with the outcome, as I said, they are some of my favorites and best to date.
However...

As I walked into the school door, all the moms and teachers in the hallway started pointing at them and saying how cute they were!
Yay!
That was a nice feeling.
Then, I got into my son's classroom and his teacher just GUSHED over them!

Another mom said to her son, "Ryan, you didn't get one of those ghost cookies!  Go get one of those adorable ghost cookies!"
Too funny.  That made my day.
Several moms came over and asked if "I" was the one who made the ghost cookies.
I had a neighbor come up to me in the hall and tell me that her son was assigned treats for the Valentine's Day party and she asked if she could pay me to make them for her!

I went home feeling pretty good.
But it didn't stop there.
I got to the bus stop with my son the day after Halloween and another mom of a girl in my son's class said to me, "Did you make the ghost cookies?  My daughter couldn't stop talking about how cute the ghost cookies were!  She wouldn't even eat it until she brought it home to show everyone in the family how cute it was!"
As this mom talked to me, another mom next to us said, "Do you have pamphlets, or business cards?  How about a website?"
Well...at that time, I didn't.

I told them I had a Facebook page, a Twitter account, and a blog set up, but I hadn't really taken any orders yet.
They encouraged me to do so!
So...
I did just that!

I came home, I promptly ordered some business cards...
And I'm in the middle of creating my website!
Fun times!
I will mostly be taking orders from friends and family, I assume.
But it's still encouraging for now!

This is what I've dreamed of.
What I've hoped for.
What I've prayed for.
Even if it's just a little side business, to bring me joy and a little extra cash...
Hey...it's MORE than I ever dreamed of!

I'm so excited and encouraged!
Who'd have thought a couple little ghost cookies could bring so much positive attention to my baking?!?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Melody! That's awesome.... good luck!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I keep procrastinating on getting business cards. It would make my life a lot easier!
    Congrats again, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete