Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cupcake Cuties

Friday was the last day for one of my daycare girls.
She is moving on to school full-time.
So we had a little farewell party.
I love the "idea" of cupcakes for a celebration...
But...
When you're talking a houseful of toddlers and preschoolers, cake turns into one big mess!
Plus I've found in the past, when we do have cake with the kids, all they do is lick the frosting off and then crumble and play with the cake itself.
It never truly gets eaten.
So what better way to have the "look" of cupcakes, than with cupcake cookies!

I made  one for each of the kids to have for dessert and then some to take home as little "favors".
This was the first time I'd used my cupcake cutter.
I wasn't sure how I was going to decorate them.
As it turned out, my week was so busy with other things going on, I just decided to keep it simple and do pink "liners" because that's my little daycare girl's favorite color.
And then just added sprinkles.
Can't go wrong with sprinkles!
Maybe next time I'll get "fancier", teehee!

2 comments:

  1. They look great Melody! The cupcake cookie is my FAVORITE cutter and cookie...I have way to many cupcake cutters, but I can not help myself...they are sooo cute...and you can decorate the cupcake cookie for any occasion. And you are correct...they are much less messy then an actual cupcake!

    ReplyDelete