Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

 March is Dr. Seuss' birth month!
So in celebration, I decided to join the ranks of my other baking friends, and create some Dr. Seuss inspired cookies.
Please be kind and remember, I am an amateur baker...haha!
"Thing 1 and Thing 2" were a lot of fun to create!
 And we can't neglect "The Cat In The Hat"!
 "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish"...
 Normally I "flood" the entire cookie with icing before piping the design.
But with these, I left them "naked" (bare cookie) and just piped the design right on without flooding.
 The icing surface isn't the smoothest...I purposely left it a little thicker so it would be easier to work with.  When piping intricate designs, a thicker icing is easier to control.
 I think they turned out half decent for a first attempt at Dr. Seuss!
They were a perfect addition to our Dr. Seuss unit in my daycare & preschool.
My kiddos really enjoyed them!
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

2 comments:

  1. You have some mad decorating skills! These cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! I really enjoy it! I love trying new techniques!

      Delete