Friday, October 24, 2014

Baby Shower! (Whale Theme)...

 As much as I love the baking and decorating aspect of this job...
Another thing I adore about this job is...
Getting to be a part of people's celebration.
Even if I'm not physically there...I enjoy that I get to contribute to their celebration.
Be it birthdays, reunions, holidays, wedding, or babies!
It's a wonderful feeling knowing that I can help people celebrate!
 Sometimes I know the customer...sometimes they are a referral from a friend or family member and I only know "of" them...regardless...helping them celebrate is a blessing to me!
With this order, we are celebrating a new life!
A precious baby boy will be joining a family soon!
 As I've mentioned before, I love when I'm pretty much given free reign to create what I want.  I asked for a napkin or invitation so that I'd have something to go by...
And...
IS THIS EVER CUTE OR WHAT?!?
 What a fun theme for a baby shower!
Whales!
Sometimes we see the "same 'ol, same 'ol" on Pinterest party ideas.
But I had never seen a whale theme.
A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
 I had so much fun designing/planning these cookies!
They are actually a "cookies on a cookie".
I had a whale cookie cutter, but I didn't like the shape...plus it didn't match the one on the napkin well.  So I got a little creative.  I grabbed one of my tools...did a little bending and crimping...and...VOILA!  He turned out just like the little whale on the napkin!
I decided just a plain whale would be a little...meh...
So I wanted to really tackle the design on the napkin.
I used an oblong plaque cutter, added the whale shape on top, then piped a border and mini whale silhouettes around the edge.
How fun is that!
 Cake pops are on the menu too!
I don't do the traditional "cake/frosting" mixture...I find it overly sweet/rich.
I simply offer a cake "truffle".
A bite-sized morsel of moist cake dipped in either white or milk chocolate.
This cake pop is a "confetti cake" dipped in white chocolate and I added some blue and green sanding sugar to match the color scheme.
 Sometimes...
When I have a smaller order, I like to do a little something extra special.
I add extra ribbon and fun little tags to the cake pops.
I don't normally do this with larger orders...as you can imagine...it's quite time consuming.
But this was a smaller order, so I had a little fun with it.
Sweet Ivy would like to say CONGRATULATIONS to the mommy-to-be!
Good luck and God bless your sweet new bundle of joy!

1 comment: