Friday, January 23, 2015

Got All My Ducks In A Row...(Baby Boy Shower Cookies)

 I think I may have mentioned once or twice how much I love being a part of people's celebrations!  That is one of the best parts about baking cakes and cookies and cake pops and all kinds of fun desserts for people!  Celebrating LIFE!  Be it weddings, new babies, new homes, birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, or...simply JUST BECAUSE!
Celebrating life is something we should do more often!  Sometimes we get so caught up in the day to day, and the negativity...we forget to be truly grateful for all of the good surrounding us!
A new baby is certainly something to be grateful for!  So I was honored to make these baby shower cookies when I got a last minute request!
 This was a fun order to create because I was given free reign over creativity!  I may have mentioned that once or twice too...how I love having free reign to do what I want!  Hehe!
I was told the cookies needed to be light blue and white (as it's a baby boy) and that the theme was rubber ducks.  But other than that...no specifics...YAY!!!  I've done rubber duckies several times for other showers, but I was looking to do something a little different and fun.  And since the colors given to me were blue and white, I knew I wouldn't be doing them in typical yellow.  I thought a white duck with blue accents would be nice.  When I came across the idea for bubbles, I knew that was it!  The perfect blue accent!  I wanted a little more up top though...so I went with the blue rosette.  I think they turned out pretty cute!
 We added blue and white baby bottles and onesies to the platter as accent cookies to go along with the rubber duckie theme.  I was pretty happy with how both turned out.
 Baby cookies are always so much fun to create!
Best wishes to the new mom-to-be!
May your journey as a new mommy be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment