Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Valentine's Day Cookies!

I started early this time.
For Christmas, all of my baking buddies seemed to be baking holiday cookies by Thanksgiving!
So this time, I got on the ball and started baking for the next holiday early.
I figured I needed some samples if I'm to get any orders for the Valentine's Day holiday!

Valentine baking (cookies, cakes, treats) are one of my favorites to do because I love romance, love, and all things pink!

I didn't have my cookies done and posted, but maybe ten minutes and I was already getting questions on what some of my "sayings" were on the cookies.
I guess I thought everyone knew all the lovey-dovey acronyms for Valentine's Day and love...but that's not the case.
So...I guess I get to interpret, LOL!
First, my husband asked me what S.W.A.K. was.
WHAT?!?
"Are you kidding me?", I asked him.
SEALED WITH A KISS!
Silly hubby...doesn't he know anything about love and romance?
LOL!

This little floral one was one of my favorites.
I love doing flowers.

The next question came from one of these cookies.
Well, I think "most" everyone knows that XOXO means "hugs and kisses", right?
But...
I got a question on "Mwah".
What does that mean?
I guess I thought everyone knew that that was the sound you make for an exaggerated kiss!
MWAH!
LOL!

I still don't have perfect penmanship when piping lettering.
That is still something I still struggle with and continue to work on.

But these were a lot of fun.

And...
If you live in the southwest Michigan area or on the lakeshore...let me know if I can help you out with any Valentine baking!
I do cookie and cake pop bouquets, cake truffles, cookies, cakes, petite treats of many kinds!
All can be individually bagged, tied with ribbon, and customized/personalized with tags!

Sweet Ivy wishes you a very happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. They look darling! I love the coloring and the flower accents on the cookies. Good for you for getting out some early Valentines!! :) I'm going to try doing that today as well -- trying out a couple new recipes (another one of my Cookie New Year Resolutions!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so yummy!

    I have a questions though.....

    Where isn't there a cookie with
    "Bite Me" on it?!

    ;) MWAH!!

    ReplyDelete