Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lace, Conversation, and Florals...

Ever since I saw the lace tutorial by "My Little Bakery" I was obsessed with learning how to do it.  Nadia was kind enough to show us her techniques and I was absolutely intrigued after I saw all of her beautiful cookies and handiwork.

I have by no means perfected it...but I am learning a lot as I practice...for example icing consistency, how far to pipe lines apart, and more.

I did this technique on some more of the famous "SugarBelle's" Brown Sugar Cut Out Cookies.
It's a really tasty recipe.



I also did some Conversation Hearts.

Or...at least, that's what they were supposed to be...teeheehee!


I also attempted some floral bouquets...thinking they'd be cute for Valentine's Day.

But I have to say...I have been working to perfect this particular cutter/cookie style for nine months now, and it just isn't happenin'!  LOL!

I don't know what it is...I've seen come cookiers do some beautiful bouquets of this style...and this is one I just can't seem to master.
Oh well.
Guess everyone has their specialty, LOL!

I have to say, as much of a romantic as I am...loving hearts and all things pink...I think I'm tiring of Valentine cookies...teehee!
Who's ready for St. Patty's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment