Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's Love...

 Valentines Day is one of my favorite holidays.
Especially when is comes to baking.
Maybe it's because I'm a romantic at heart.
In love with love, as they say!
I made all of these Valentine cookies for my daycare kids for our party this week.
I feel like I do my best work when I have no direction.
Someone asked me how I come up with all of my designs.
Many bakers plan and sketch designs.
I do best when I can just grab my pastry bag and "go with it".
The only thing I really do is decide what color scheme I want to go with and then, I just let my creative juices flow.
Even though I do make cookies for people by request...specific designs and themes...
I feel my best work comes when I just "let loose".
These Valentine cookies have been some of my favorites I've done.
The hearts, the flowers, the lace, the frilly, femininity of them.
I did these cookies in a vanilla almond flavor.
It seems to be one of everyone's favorite flavors that I've attempted.
Do you have any special plans for Valentines Day?
I hope your day is sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment