Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Malone's Best Ever Brownies...(recipe)

Years ago...when I was a teenager...(yes, MANY years ago)...
Our youth group used to get together quite frequently for movie nights, game nights, and other activities.  We all used to bring snacks and munchies.  On one of the first occasions we got together, my sister and I made brownies to take.  We found a very simple recipe out of an old church cookbook.  Simple as they were, the brownies were a HUGE hit.  From then on out, the Malone gals were always asked to bring "The Brownies" to events.  Well, that was MANY years ago.  I completely forgot about the recipe or where it went to...but the other day, I wanted a good homemade brownie recipe.  I began digging online.  And by george, I found it!  I found one almost identical to the one we used to make close to 25 years ago!  It all came back to me!  There was no name on this recipe online either...so I still to this day can't give credit where credit is due.
But...I have "tweaked" this recipe and added a few things I like to make it even better!
And I'd like to share the recipe with you!
It's super simple, but oh so good! 
So when you're in need of a chocolate fix that's super easy...here ya go!

Malone's Best Ever Brownies
 
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour (or spray with cooking spray) an 8 inch square pan.  

In a large saucepan, melt butter.  Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.  Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder.

Spread into prepared pan.

Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans across top of batter mixture.

Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Do not overcook.

Let cool and dust with confectioners sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those sound delicious! I will have to try them soon! <3

    ReplyDelete