Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quilling And Rosettes...A New Adventure

I saw this technique on "My Cake School", an online blog I follow and knew immediately that I just had to try it.
The gal who did the tutorial, her rosette was pink...and dainty...and frilly...and everything this girly girl loves!
Well...turns out...it wasn't all that hard!
I thought I would never be able to do it.  And let's face it, it's not perfect.
But for a first attempt, I was very happy with it!

I didn't have all of the proper "decorating tools"...so as usual, I just improvised with gadgets I had in my kitchen.  You never know what odds and ends will work in a pinch!  LOL!
After I finished it, I also tried luster dust for the first time.  There isn't any on it in these pictures.  I still haven't quite figured that out.  But I had a blast making this flower and was very pleased with the outcome.  It went on a very special birthday cake...
MINE!
Teehee!

Another technique that I tried for the first time was quilling.
I found that on "My Cake School" as well.
Everyone keeps asking me if it was hard.
NOPE!
It was FUN!
I felt like a kid again...playing with playdough!

These also went on a very special cake as well...
My momsie's!
We usually celebrate our birthdays together as hers' is February 1 and mine is February 6.
Photos of the finished products to come!
Hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment