Sunday, December 29, 2013

"Other" Sweet Treats...(Christmas Goodies)

Well, Christmas has come and gone.
I thought I'd share a few "other" goodies I made this year.
I enjoy "DECORATING" fancy sugar cookies...
But I enjoy "EATING" drop cookies and bar cookies!
I tend to bake pretty much the same "stand-by" favorites in our family each year and maybe throw in one or two new recipes for the heck of it.
This year I did Butter Balls...some folks call these Snow Balls or Russian Tea Cakes.
Next came the Magic Cookie Bars...some folks call these Hello Dollies.
I tried a new recipe called Snickerdoodle Cutouts.  They weren't quite the same as a Snickerdoodle...more like a cinnamon sugar cookie.  
We also did some Rolo Pretzel Turtles...pretzel, Rolo candy, pecan.
Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies...one of my all time favorites!
White chocolate dipped pretzels...with a variety of sprinkles for good measure!
Holiday wreaths...corn flakes, marshmallows, red hots.
Peanut butter Delights...Wheat thins, peanut butter, dipped in chocolate.
Yes...we had quite a variety.
And we're STILL finishing it all up!
What did you make this year?
Do you make the same things every year?
Or do you try new things?
We hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment