Friday, December 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Delights/Nutella Delights (recipe)

Every Christmas I make these...and every Christmas I get loads of friends asking for the recipe.
I have to first give credit where credit is due.
This recipe comes from my sister Jessica and her in-laws.
She introduced our family to this sweet treat and my husband and sons have been addicted to them ever since.  I don't know why, but I only make them at Christmas.
Somehow, they just fell into the "Christmas Goodies" category.
I have to also say...they started out as just "Peanut Butter Delights".
However...this past year, we found out my oldest son has a peanut allergy.
So...we decided to modify his portion of these goodies by adding Nutella instead!
YUM!
Here's what you need:
1 box Wheat Thins crackers
1 jar creamy peanut butter (or Nutella)
1 package Candi-Kwik (chocolate candy coating)
Spread peanut butter (or Nutella) on one cracker.  Add another cracker to the top to "sandwich" them together.  Do this to all of the crackers in the box, spreading each cracker with peanut butter or Nutella and sandwiching them with another.
Next melt your Candi-Kwik in the microwave according to package directions.
Dip the "sandwiched" crackers in melted chocolate...let excess drip off.
Lay each chocolate dipped cracker on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
Once you've dipped all crackers place cookie sheet in refrigerator to chill/harden chocolate.
Remove from waxed paper and place in air tight container.
Store in refrigerator.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment