Monday, September 26, 2011

A Few More Halloween Cookies...

I decorated a few more Halloween cookies.
Still having issues with my Royal Icing.
Although...

I'm wondering if I've discovered a link to the runny icing and what just may be the cause!
My Kitchen Aid Mixer is on the same counter just above where my dishwasher is.
I have had my dishwasher running numerous times when baking/decorating.
Well, let me tell you...my dishwasher puts out an ENORMOUS amount of heat and steam when operating.
I'm wondering...just maybe...if all that moisture/humidity seaping out was the cause to my runny icing?
Who knows.
One can never tell with Royal Icing.
But hey, it's worth placing the blame somewhere, right?
LOL!

These were a few simple spiders I did.
My youngest son loved them.

Their bodies are actually made from some pre-made "flower centers" that I had made a while back and frozen.
I planned on using them for flower centers.
But...

When I saw I had purple, I thought they'd coordinate nicely with the Halloween color scheme.
Plus, my youngest LOVES purple!
Teehee!

They're simple...but we like them!

1 comment:

  1. Your cookies are so cute! Have you checked out sweetopia? She has a whole troubleshooting blog for royal icing and how to mix it and what can help resolve certain issues. Marian is a cookie genius and calle from sweetsugarbelles too!

    ReplyDelete