Thursday, December 8, 2011

You'll Never Guess What These Are Made Of...Ok, Maybe You Will...GUESS!

Did ya guess?
This recipe is courtesy of my sister Jessica.
I think she may have been afraid to tell us what was in it the first time we tried them.
I think she might have thought we wouldn't eat them if we knew.
Have you guessed?
Well, I promise...it's nothing gross.
Unusual, maybe.

The original name for these, according to my sister was "Zastrow Delights".
"Zastrow" was the last name of some of my brother-in-law's family and they introduced these so the name stuck.
Since no one else knows who they are...
I have been calling them "Peanut Butter Delights", LOL!
I don't share too many recipes on this blog, but thought I'd share this one because they're so yummy and a Christmas time favorite in our house!

1 box of Wheat Thins (YES!  That's right!  Wheat Thins!)
1 jar of peanut butter
1 block of chocolate almond bark

Spread peanut butter on Wheat Thin and "sandwich" it with another.
Do this to the entire box of Wheat Thins, creating little peanut butter sandwiches.
Melt your almond bark in a bowl in the microwave.
Dip each peanut butter sandwich into the melted chocolate and lay on a sheet of wax paper.
I always put these in the frig and chill them.

And that's it!
I hope your family enjoys them as much as we do!
And thanks Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment