Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mirror Cookies...

 These cookies were a lot of fun to do.
When I got the request for mirror cookies for a spa themed bridal luncheon, I knew immediately that I wanted to do them!
 The only challenge I had was...
I didn't have a mirror cookie cutter.
No problem.  I've hand-cut many cookies before.
So I went searching online for a pattern.
Who knew it would be so difficult to find the perfect mirror!
I knew exactly in my head what I wanted...I just couldn't find the pattern online.
But alas, I found this simple little vintage/decorative mirror.
It's a little hard to make out any details because I did it in such a deep shade of navy.
I added some swirls and dots, trimmed it in pearl dragees.
I used Color Mist to give the "glass" of the mirror a little extra sheen.
They turned out to be a little more challenging than I expected, but fun none the less!
I had some extra fun in packaging these.
I always heat-seal my cookies in plastic bags and will usually add some paper gift-curling ribbon.  But the colors of the wedding struck me as so beautiful (navy and silver) that I wanted to go the extra mile and do something a little special.
I got some heavy duty metallic sparkly silver ribbon and then some taffeta navy ribbon and did a double bow.  I think they turned out really cute.
Congratulations to the bride and groom!


2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I've been wanting to make spa themed cookies for a while now. Hopefully I'll get a chance soon. Love your mirror cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These mirror cookies looks so good. I was searching for different cookie designs for my lunch party at DC wedding venues. This mirror cookie looks awesome for the party. I am sure everyone gonna love this creative idea.

    ReplyDelete