Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cake Number Two...

This was the second cake I ever made in my Wilton class nearly one year ago.
It was hands down better than my first cake.
But sill, I struggled with getting crumbs in my icing and giving it a smooth appearance.
One thing that I think was a bit challenging, was that our instructor was brand new.
She had never taught a class before.
I learned later from many baking friends that there were KEY skills she left out of our class.
For example, I mentioned I struggled with getting crumbs in my icing.
A baker friend of mine said, "You mean they didn't teach you how to crumb coat?"
Nope.
She didn't.
Since then, I have learned that crumb coating is THE way to go.
But...
For being only my second cake ever...
I don't think it was too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment