Sunday, July 24, 2011

First time "stacking" a cake...

Mom and I both share February birthdays.
So this year, we had the whole family over to celebrate our birthdays.
Since we have February birthdays, I thought I'd do a Valentine/Love themed cake.
This was the first time I ever stacked a cake, other than two rounds.
I'd say it went ok.
Everyone thought it was pretty.
Naturally I see all the faults in it.
For example the drop flowers aren't evenly spaced.
The piping on the edges of the cake are evident of my shakey hand.

But hey...
It tasted great!

It was a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling.

My mom had given me these little heart shaped cake tins and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them.
So I made a few little cakes.
And...

Voila.

They're not perfect either...
But I thought they were kind of cute for a first!
That's what this journey is all about.
Trial and error.
Learning.
Mastering.
Eating.
And fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment