Monday, July 25, 2011

My First Cookie Pops...And "Bouquet"...

This was my first attempt at cookie pops...
And a bouquet.

First and foremost, I was happy I had a good experience with the Royal Icing on this particular occasion.

Because, afterall...it was for my momma for Mother's Day!

I start out trying to insert the sticks into the dough...
Without much success.

And then...
I saw a tutorial online on how to just attach the sticks to the wrappers!

I'll have to find the link to that tutorial.
Because it has really helped me.

I think this was the first time...in my baking/decorating journey...
That I was actually PLEASED with the final outcome of my project.
You see...
I am a perfectionist by nature.
And not only a perfectionist...
I struggle with seeing any good in my work.
I always think everyone's is better and mine will never be as good as the professionals.
So you see...
For me to be happy with this project...
Was a HUGE step in my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment