Tuesday, July 26, 2011

From my heart...to you...

I wanted to take a moment to share from my heart.
Last year, I discovered the joy of cake and cookie baking and decorating.
I had always admired from afar, the beautiful work that others did and wanted to learn it...someday.

Well, I put off the "someday" and did it.
I took a class and dove head-first into it.
I loved it.

There have been many "hobbies" I've started and let fall by the wayside...scrapbooking, stamping, knitting, and so many more.
Baking and decorating is something that I don't feel like is a hobby for me.
I feel very passionate about it.
I LOVE IT!

Although it brings me great stress because I'm a perfectionist, I still marvel at all that can be done with sugar!

For a year now, I have been dreaming about baking full time.
I don't think many people think it's possible or believe in me.
And even "I" myself don't know HOW it can happen at this point in time.
But I do know that I am claiming and hanging on to this verse from the Bible:

Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Psalm 37:4

I know that ALL things are possible with God.
I know that He is bigger than any obstacle that is in front of me right now.
I know that if I keep practicing, He will help me perfect my skills.
I do believe in miracles.

I know that within less than a week I have managed to set up a Sweet Ivy Facebook page.
I know that I've gained SEVENTY NINE fans within less than a week!
Most of whom I've never met face-to-face!
That in itself is a miracle to me!
I am grateful for the friendship, encouragement, and support that perfect strangers have shown me.
They have welcomed me into their little "baking community" online!
I consider you all sisters now!
I have gotten more support from you all than many "friends" and "family" members!
You mean so much to me!

I know that in less than a week I've also managed to set up a Sweet Ivy Twitter, Sweet Ivy Blog, and next up...a website and business cards!

I am tired of being held back.
Never reaching my goals or dreams.
Being "stuck".

I am not going to let anything hold me back.

I WILL get this baking/decorating thing down.
I WILL be good at it.
I WILL SUCCEED.

And if nothing else...I will bake to bless others.

Yesterday, a complete stranger said to me, "I can tell...you have a kind soul."
You don't know how much that meant to me.
So if "you" who said that to me...happen to ever read this...
Just know that you blessed me during a difficult time.

Again, thank-you to all of my friends and family who have and continue to support my journey, as I learn and grow in perfecting my skills.
Your comments mean more than you'll ever know.
Melody

2 comments:

  1. Melody - reading your post today bought tears to my eyes -- so happy to hear how you have found happiness through doing something you love. It makes me feel the same way, too! Lots of sweet hugs coming your way!!!! :) :) :)
    Kara from Cookies in the Cupboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to let you know that although you feel inspired by the cake community, it was you that inspired me to finally start a blog today. I have been meaning to and have never really made a point of doing it so THANK YOU. So many of my projects have stories behind them and it a wonderful way to share.
    Dianea

    ReplyDelete