Monday, July 25, 2011

Thanks Martha...

I received my issue of Martha Stewart Living and these were on the cover.
I fell in love with them and KNEW I had to attempt them.

If you've been following my blog, you'll remember that I am STILL struggling with Royal Icing.  THIS was NOT a good day for Royal Icing.  I do not understand why some days, it turns out beautiful and other days...
Well...it just doesn't.
Some days it's too runny and some days it's too "gloppy".
This day it was too "gloppy".

But I had fun, none the less making these.
And for a first attempt, they weren't awful.
Everyone said they tasted good.

Everyone was amazed at the technique.
My dad even said, "You didn't really hand pipe every star on here, did you?"
I told him there's a little trick to the design.
Shhhh...teehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment